Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome To My Blog

I have been looking for a better way to communicate with faculty, staff, students and anyone else who might be interested. Ted Olsen suggested I blog. So, here I go—my first attempt at blogging. I got a quick orientation from a student yesterday, spent a little time last night playing around with layout, and now here’s the first entry. Expect to see regular postings on a variety of issues, ideas and happenings here.

And in addition to writing, I’ll post pictures I have taken. Ever since I put together my first pinhole camera as a kid I’ve enjoyed photography. None of my pictures are worth a thousand words, but they are interesting and fun for me.

Please help this first time blogger build this into a useful venture. Post comments and send me emails. I am open to suggestions for topics to cover here and welcome feedback on my work as your college president.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Mr. Wyatt, my name is Jeremy Zabriskie.
    I am a freshman at Snow this year, and I've lived in Sanpete my entire life--Fairview, to be exact.
    I'm really looking forward to my academic career at Snow, and that was further compounded by your speech at StartSmart.
    From what I have come to understand, you are an amazing leader who is passionate about his work, and I admire that.
    I also admire your personal aspirations, and I hope that you are able to complete your ambitious, nation-wide mountain treks (though I doubt you'll have any trouble).

    Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, thank you for helping to provide a wonderful learning environment, and commend you on your success and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to see Snow College being taken care of by a great leader! I hope to come back a teach there someday. What a great place!

    ReplyDelete